Sandra Guzman was born in El Salvador and at the age of six moved with her mother and three brothers, to join other relatives, in Montgomery County, Maryland. She was raised in Montgomery County, Maryland where she attended Rockville High School, attended the University of Maryland, College Park, and obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Baltimore School of Law.
Sandra first became familiar with Maryland family law at the Baltimore City office of the Legal Aid Bureau in the Domestic and Child in Need of Assistance (CINA) units as an intern while attending school at the University of Baltimore School of Law. Upon graduation, she practiced Family Law at the Metropolitan Office of the Legal Aid Bureau located in Riverdale, Maryland. This experience was followed by acquiring a position as the Managing Family Law Attorney, for a well-established firm, for over four years.
Sandra found the law offices of Sandra Guzman Salvado, LLC in Montgomery County, Maryland in 2010. She currently concentrates her practice on family law because she truly enjoys the challenges and experiences that divorce, custody, and child support cases bring.
- Trained to represent children, as a Best Interest Attorney, in cases involving custody matters
- Trained to mediate family law disputes
- Trained in Collaborative Law
Presently Involved in the Maryland Community in the Following Ways
- Volunteer, Prepare for Success program
- Volunteer attorney, The Montgomery County Bar Foundation Legal Clinics in the Wheaton and Germantown, Maryland areas
- Volunteer attorney, Self -Represented Litigants Project in Prince George’s County, Maryland
- Volunteer attorney, Community Legal Services of Prince George’s County Family Law Clinic
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Family Law Section – Active Member
- Maryland State Bar Association, Family Law Section – Active Member
- Inns of Court for Montgomery County, Maryland – 2010-2011 member
- International Association for Collaborative Professionals – (IACP) Active Member
- Maryland Hispanic Bar Association – Current Board Member
- Maryland State Bar Association-Alternative Dispute Resolution Section-Current Council Member
- Collaborative Dispute Resolution Professionals (CDRP) -Active Member